EDITING PACKAGES AND RATES
as of July 1, 2017
Between genres and subgenres and publisher expectations, it can be hard to keep up. All you want to do is write, right? Good thing for you, editing is my cup of tea!
I can take your manuscript from first draft to submission ready.
Fees vary by project type and size, but here’s a start:
- Projects less than 65,000 words are rated on an individual basis dependent upon pages and type of edit required.
- Comprehensive [Substantive/Content] Edit – $40/hour
- I cover basic formatting, grammar and punctuation, word usage, POV, character arc and development, fact checking, and story flow. I’ll point out your manuscript’s strengths, weaknesses, and redundancies and help you polish it to be worthy of having your name on the cover.
- Copy/Proofreading – $30/hour
- Once your manuscript has been edited through the rough draft, another set of eyes can pick out those little typos that may slip by. Proofreading includes basic spelling, grammar, punctuation, and minor content errors.
- Rewrite/Ghostwrite- starting at $55/hour
- If your rough draft is too rough and you need help cleaning it up from the start, or if you have something to say and don’t know how to say it, a rewrite or ghostwrite project may be for you. In your voice, I’ll restructure your story from page one and include a comprehensive edit to make your manuscript shine.
- Additional fees apply for any rush projects.
To request more information, submit this form: