by Molly Jo Realy (@mollyjorealy)
IN THIS JOURNAL:
- Ten Best Author Quotes About Tea
- Journaling Giveaway: Tea With Me Dot Grid Journal
- June Journaling Challenge
Can I let you in on a secret? I love lists. No. I mean, I love lists. Like, if we were five years old, you’d be saying,
“If you love lists so much, why don’t you marry them?”
kind of love. Yeah. I get that from my mother. She’s a Lists Woman. A Pros-v-Cons, To-Do List, Grocery Grabbing, everything-on-paper Lists Woman.
Thanks, Mom. I mean that.
It must be why I’m so drawn to bullet journaling and its ability to do what I call “responsible adulting with arts and crafts.” And we’ll thank Edie for that one. NOTE TO SELF: It’s getting to be a thankfest around here! I should keep a list. Oh, wait …
I love lists. I love quotes. I love tea and books and cats and
OHMAGOSH I AM THAT CRAZY CAT LADY. <– Nope. Not goin’ there. I choose THIS –> I am filled with love for the world.
Anyway, something I love doing while drinking my
afternoon tea (or evening tea) (or morning tea) tea, is peruse the internet for favorite lists and quotes. Those individual collections of graphics are ahhmazing! Invariably, I find a website that has “Thirty Best Spaghetti Photos” or “101 Quotes About Painting.” How about “Fifteen Favorite Ways to Say Meow.” (Okay, maybe not that one, but … I got you, Iris Bombay. We’ll write that one together.)
And since I’m all about tea and books (could ya tell?!), I
thought wondered hoped maybe y’all would like some nice graphics to go with some nice quotes from some nice authors, while drinking your nice tea.
Ya ready? Here’s my list of Ten Best Author Quotes About Tea:
1. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” C.S. Lewis. (I agree, Mr. Lewis. I agree!)
2. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” Bill Watterson.
3. “There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.” Henry James.
4. “There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.” Lin Yutang. (And if there isn’t, there should be!)
5. “I am glad I was not born before tea.” Sydney Smith.
6. “But indeed I would rather have nothing but tea.” Jane Austen.
7. “While there is tea, there is hope.” Arthur Wing Pinero.
8. “Tea! Bless ordinary everyday afternoon tea!” Agatha Christie.
9. “Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors.” Alice Walker.
10. “Wouldn’t it be dreadful to live in a country where they didn’t have tea?” Noel Coward.
And while I know Audrey Hepburn wasn’t an author, I found this delightfully endearing quote:
“When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.” Audrey Hepburn.Ten Best Author Quotes About Tea #writing #tea and a #Journaling #Giveaway! Click To Tweet
Do you have a favorite quote about tea? Share it in the comments! But before you do, I promised y’all a giveaway! I know you love lists too. Or maybe just tea. Or maybe notebooks. I’m giving away a copy of my Tea With Me Dot Grid Journal to one lucky winner. All you have do to enter is leave a comment on this blog post and let me know who your favorite author is. (*Read Fine Print Disclosure below.*)
Come alive, stay wild, and always, savor the journey.
I would love to share with you about God, writing, journaling, tea, and New Orleans. Drop me a comment or send me a message.
Author of the romantic location mystery novel, NOLA, Molly Jo Realy is an award-winning writer, editor and author coach. Encouraging others to embrace their unique talents to come alive and stay wild every day is her cup of tea! Addicted to God, cats, caffeine, pens, and planners, in no particular order. Savor the journey, y’all.
If you like what you read, please support mollyjorealy.com by forwarding this to someone who would enjoy it as much as you, sharing on social media, and/or leaving a comment.
BTW: At the end of each post, I will share social media or marketing links, like this:
Journaling is not just for this blog. A notebook is a great place to curate thoughts, ideas, plans. The benefits of daily writing are immense. Give it a try with my Tea with Me dot-grid journal, available through Amazon.
*GIVEAWAY FINE PRINT DISCLOSURE: Giveaway not sponsored by any entity or person other than Molly Jo Realy. Giveaway is open to US Residents only, 18 years or older. Winner will be randomly selected from all applicable entries. Winner will be contacted on or before June 20, 2023, and will have 48 hours to respond/accept. In the event winner does not respond/accept, a secondary winner will be chosen. In the event the secondary winner does not respond/accept, the prize will be forfeited and no winner will be selected.